Securing Drill Introduction
Before connecting to a data source, you can configure Drill security features and secure communication pathways to a secure Drill cluster. Security features include:
- Authentication - Drill supports user authentication to secure clusters with:
- Authorization - Drill supports restricting an authenticated user's capabilities. See Configuring User Impersonation with Hive Authorization.
- Impersonation - Drill executes queries on behalf of a client while performing the action requested by the client.
- Configuring User Impersonation
- Configuring Inbound Impersonation
- Configuring User Impersonation with Hive Authorization
- Encryption - Drill does not support encryption as of Drill 1.10.