If you've never used Drill, use these tutorials to download, install, and start working with Drill. The tutorials include step-by-step procedures for the following tasks:
- Drill in 10 Minutes
Download, install, and start Drill in embedded mode (single-node cluster mode).
- Analyzing the Yelp Academic Dataset
Download and install Drill in embedded mode and use SQL examples to analyze Yelp data.
- Learn Drill with the MapR Sandbox
Explore data using a Hadoop environment pre-configured with Drill.
- Analyzing Highly Dynamic Datasets
Learn how to handle dynamic data without changing a schema or going through an ETL phase.
- Analyzing Social Media
Analyze Twitter data in its native JSON format using Drill.
- Analyzing Data Using Window Functions Learn how to use analytic/window functions.
- Tableau Examples
Access Hive tables using Drill and Tableau.
- Using MicroStrategy Analytics with Apache Drill
Use the Drill ODBC driver from MapR to analyze data and generate a report using Drill from the MicroStrategy UI.
- Using Tibco Spotfire Desktop with Drill
Use Apache Drill to query complex data structures from Tibco Spotfire Desktop.
- Configuring Tibco Spotfire Server with Drill
Integrate Tibco Spotfire Server with Apache Drill and explore multiple data formats on Hadoop.
- Using Apache Drill with Tableau 9 Desktop
Connect Tableau 9 Desktop to Apache Drill, explore multiple data formats on Hadoop, and access semi-structured data.
- Using Apache Drill with Tableau 9 Server
Connect Tableau 9 Server to Apache Drill, explore multiple data formats on Hadoop, access semi-structured data, and share Tableau visualizations with others.
- Using Drill to Analyze Amazon Spot Prices
Use a Drill workshop on github to create views of JSON and Parquet data.
- Running Drill Queries on S3 Data
Step through querying files using Drill and Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3).