Securing Drill Introduction
Before connecting to a data source, you can configure Drill security features and secure communication pathways to a secure Drill cluster. Security features include:
- Authentication - Drill supports user authentication to secure clusters with:
- Kerberos. See Configuring Kerberos Security.
- Username and password (with the Plain mechanism or a Custom Authenticator). See:
- Encryption - Drill supports client-to-drillbit encryption with Kerberos to ensure date confidentiality and integrity in Drill 1.11. See Configuring Kerberos Security.
- Authorization - Drill supports restricting an authenticated user’s capabilities. See Configuring User Impersonation with Hive Authorization.
- Impersonation - Drill executes queries on behalf of a client while performing the action requested by the client. See: