If you’ve never used Drill, use these tutorials to download, install, and start working with Drill. The tutorials include step-by-step procedures for the following tasks:
- Drill in 10 Minutes Download, install, and start Drill in embedded mode (single-node cluster mode).
- Analyzing the Yelp Academic Dataset Download and install Drill in embedded mode and use SQL examples to analyze Yelp data.
- Learn Drill with the MapR Sandbox Explore data using a Hadoop environment pre-configured with Drill.
- Analyzing Highly Dynamic Datasets Learn how to handle dynamic data without changing a schema or going through an ETL phase.
- Analyzing Social Media Analyze Twitter data in its native JSON format using Drill.
- Analyzing Data Using Window Functions Learn how to use analytic/window functions.
- Tableau Examples Access Hive tables using Drill and Tableau.
- Using MicroStrategy Analytics with Apache Drill Use the Drill ODBC driver from MapR to analyze data and generate a report using Drill from the MicroStrategy UI.
- Using Tibco Spotfire Desktop with Drill Use Apache Drill to query complex data structures from Tibco Spotfire Desktop.
- Configuring Tibco Spotfire Server with Drill Integrate Tibco Spotfire Server with Apache Drill and explore multiple data formats on Hadoop.
- Using Apache Drill with Tableau 9 Desktop Connect Tableau 9 Desktop to Apache Drill, explore multiple data formats on Hadoop, and access semi-structured data.
- Using Apache Drill with Tableau 9 Server Connect Tableau 9 Server to Apache Drill, explore multiple data formats on Hadoop, access semi-structured data, and share Tableau visualizations with others.
- Using Drill to Analyze Amazon Spot Prices Use a Drill workshop on github to create views of JSON and Parquet data.
- Running Drill Queries on S3 Data Step through querying files using Drill and Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3).